Tux Paint 0.9.27
If you are still using Tux Paint 0.9.26, please see that version's "Known Issues" list.
- All Versions (Global bugs)
- Tux Paint loads very slowly
- The first time Tux Paint is launched (for a particular user), it may take a minute or more to respond. The font system used by Tux Paint (Pango) is creating a 'cache' of information about the fonts on your system. Subsequent launches of Tux Paint should be fast.
While the font cache is generated behind the scenes, Tux Paint should remain interactive (showing an animated 'please wait' animation) while this process runs.
- Tux Paint's toolboxes are missing or cut off on the edges of the screen
- Tux Paint in fullscreen mode, or with a window size close to your screen's resolution, will become too large if your Windows system is configured to enlarge things shown on the display.
Check your system's "Display" > "Scale and Layout" > "Change the size of text, apps and other items", and set it back to "100%."
Alternatively, you may try configuring Tux Paint (e.g., via the included "Tux Paint Config." tool) to use a lower resolution (e.g., half the width and half the height, if your Windows "Scale" settings are "200%".)
See Bug #218 at SourceForge.
- Clicks in Tux Paint using a touchscreen are one step behind the input
- This is a known issue (see bug #160). Uncheck the "hide mouse cursor for touch screens" option in your Windows settings.
- Some sound effects do not play
- Some sounds in Tux Paint are in Ogg Vorbis (
.ogg) format. Tux Paint 0.9.27 lacked support. Please download 0.9.27-2 or later.
- Tux Paint crashes with error '0xc00007b'
- Version 0.9.27-1 was build with OGG support, but the x86_64 version did not include a necessary library file (
.dll) in the archive. Please download 0.9.27-2 or later.
- Tux Paint and/or Tux Paint Stamps silent install fails
- The installers for Tux Paint version 0.9.27 and Tux Paint Stamps 2021.11.25 uninstalled any previous version of themselves. However, this will cause a silent install process to timeout while waiting for user confirmation of the uninstall step. Please download Tux Paint 0.9.27-3 or later, and Tux Paint Stamps 2021.11.25-2 or later, which address this (when the "
/VERYSILENT" switch is provided).
- macOS / Mac OS X
- 'Unidentified developer' error
- Recent versions of macOS have default security settings that prevent programs which were downloaded outside of Apple's "App Store" from being launched.
Apple provides instructions here for installing and launching apps from "unidentified developers."
- Label and Text Tools are not available
- (Confirmed to be an issue on Rocky Linux 8) Tux Paint's font scanning thread was exiting in such a way that caused the Text and Label tools to become unavailable. Version 0.9.27-2 addresses this.
Older Versions' Known Issues:
- 0.9.26 (June 2021)
- 0.9.25 (December 2020)
- 0.9.24 (May 2020)
- 0.9.23 (September 2014)
- 0.9.22 (August 2014)
- 0.9.21 (June 2009)
- 0.9.20 (June 2008)
- 0.9.19 (March 2008)
- 0.9.18 (November 2007)
- 0.9.17 (July 2007)
- 0.9.16 (October 2006)
- 0.9.15 (November 2005)
How do I tell what version I have?
Tux Paint displays its version number at the bottom left corner of its splash screen. You can also run "
tuxpaint -v" from a command-line terminal, check your Tux Paint installation's documentation pages, or tell from the name of the installation file you downloaded (e.g., "
If you have problems...
You can contact us. Be sure to tell us what version of Tux Paint you're using, what operating system and OS version you're using (e.g., "Windows 10" vs. "macOS 10.15"), and where you got your copy of Tux Paint from (our website, some other website, a magazine CDROM, etc.).
Did you know? You can help us translate Tux Paint to your language.