Conducted by Bill Kendrick. Posted July 6, 2023.
- How old are you?
- I'm 22
- What do you do for a living?
- I draw art commissions.
- Do you have other artistic endeavors?
- I make tunes and occasionally embroidery.
- What are your other hobbies?
- Video games and I recently got back into web design (HTML/CSS coding)
- Where can people find you online?
- From most active to less active:
Discovering and Using Tux Paint
- How and when did you first learn about Tux Paint?
- It was in a child-care centre in which I used to go after school, they made little activities using it. After that I remember I asked my dad to install it on the family desktop!
- Did you stop using Tux Paint and come back to it later?
- I used to think about it a lot, it never really left my mind and one day I asked myself "why don't I reinstall it??" And here we are now, Tux Paint is one of my main art programs!
- How do you usually interact with Tux Paint?
- I use the Huion Kamvas Studio 22, a big screen tablet computer.
- What are your "go-to" tools in Tux Paint?
- All the fill tools, the color-and-white magic tool was life saving when I discovered it, everything that does rainbows, I love rainbows :)
- Is there something you wish Tux Paint could do that it can't?
- The only thing I can think about is a proper zoom tool. Otherwise I love Tuxpaint as is, and every new feature added is happily welcomed.
(Note from Bill: Yes, we get asked about zoom a lot!)
- What other kinds of art tools do you use?
- On PC I also use Paint Tool SAI2 and MSPaint. I also draw on the Nintendo 3DS on an app called Colors!3D.
- Do you ever edit your Tux Paint art in other drawing programs or vice-versa?
- I sometimes edit my Tux Paint drawing on SAI2 to play with layer merging effects. But I always share both the original Tux Paint and the edited ones because both look very nice.
- What tips or tricks would you like to share with other aspiring artists?
- Draw for yourself and not for likes. Art is supposed to be a fun hobby, you don't have to learn the basics if you just want to have fun.
- What piece of art, or other creation, are you most proud of?
- I'm still very proud of this drawing I made a while ago
Style and Inspiration
- What would you call your art style?
- I tag it as kidcore even though I don't really think it totally is, I think I'd call my artstyle "Happy".
- Are there certain topics or fandoms that you like to focus on in your art?
- I draw mostly furries but I'm in some fandoms like Hollow Knight, My Little Pony and Sonic the Hedgehog.
- What artists do you look up to?
- Gummy Worm is an artist that inspired me a lot for my current artstyle. Also Tweegeemee which is a bot that generates abstact images; the generation process is explained on the site and very interesting.
- What other things inspire you to make art?
- I want to make people happy with my art. I get very motivated when I get comments of people saying my art makes them happy.
- Have you ever published or exhibited your art
- Some of my art is exhibited in the Tux Paint gallery ;)
Did you know? Adults enjoy Tux Paint, too!