Conducted by Bill Kendrick. Posted July 5, 2023.
Ket, or C13H16ClNO
- How old are you?
- A young adult (around there at time of writing)
- Do you have other artistic endeavors?
- A bit of composing music and writing.
- What are your other hobbies?
- Gaming and Science.
- Where can people find you online?
- I have a main twitter of @ket_overkill, though it's a mix of personal projects and art and whatever else I feel like posting.
Discovering and Using Tux Paint
- How and when did you first learn about Tux Paint?
- Admittedly I discovered it fairly recently (around 2022) when I was dissatisfied with how the UI of MSpaint in Windows 11 had been scrubbed down and modernized when I felt it was fine and not needing any change. I remember hearing around Tux Paint somewhere and hence I looked for it and gave it a try. I really enjoy the old and a bit janky UI with SFX from all the brushes. It's really reminiscent of Kid Pix which I recall using as a kid.
- How do you usually interact with Tux Paint?
- A mouse and a dingy Wacom CTH-480 I got for free from a friend.
- What are your "go-to" tools in Tux Paint?
- I am fairly basic so I mostly stick to the default brushes, the rounded ones.
- Is there something you wish Tux Paint could do that it can't?
- I wished that you could alter the canvas size freely like with MSpaint.
- What other kinds of art tools do you use?
- MSpaint and Firealpaca for digital art.
- What tips or tricks would you like to share with other aspiring artists?
- Like with any new art program, just try to play around with it for a while. You'll eventually find a workflow you enjoy doing in it.
- What piece of art, or other creation, are you most proud of?
- I have made one Friday Night Funkin mod called "V.S. Atlanta" that I am still pretty proud of.
Style and Inspiration
- Are there certain topics or fandoms that you like to focus on in your art?
- Animals! Mostly in Tux Paint, I find it harder to draw actual people in the program.
- What artists do you look up to?
- Mitsuki Sanagi's illustrations were very influential to me, especially when I saw them in some of See-kun's vocaloid PVs. Another artist I can point to having influenced my style is sean27emerald on DeviantArt. Those are the main 2 artists I can really point to (and remember) that I really look up to.
"Thank you for taking the time to interview me!! Tux Paint is really something special!!"
— Ket Overkill
Did you know? Your school can install Tux Paint on all of its computers... today, and at no cost!