Tux Paint 0.9.22
If you are still using Tux Paint 0.9.21, please see that version's "Known Issues" list.
- All Versions (Global bugs)
- Tux Paint doesn't behave properly in fullscreen mode using multiple monitors (unconfirmed in 0.9.22)
- This is an issue at the SDL library level, which will hopefully be addressed in an upcoming SDL 1.3.xx release. Unfortunately, Tux Paint is currently using SDL 1.2, so for the moment just disable Tux Paint's fullscreen option. You'll probably want to adjust window size from the default (800x600), and may also consider enabling Tux Paint's "grab mouse pointer" option.
- Tux Paint loads very slowly
- The first time Tux Paint is launched (for a particular user),
it may take a minute or more to respond. The font system used
by Tux Paint (Pango) is creating a 'cache' of information
about the fonts on your system. Subsequent launches of
Tux Paint should be fast.
While the font cache is generated behind the scenes, Tux Paint should remain interactive (showing an animated 'please wait' animation) while this process runs.
- Stresses cannot be added to Greek letters in the Text tool (unconfirmed in 0.9.22)
- This is a known issue, and appears to be a Windows-only problem with libSDL. See: SF.net Bug #3153689
- Mac OS X
No known issues
No known issues
Older Versions' Known Issues:
- 0.9.21 (June 2009)
- 0.9.20 (June 2008)
- 0.9.19 (March 2008)
- 0.9.18 (November 2007)
- 0.9.17 (July 2007)
- 0.9.16 (October 2006)
- 0.9.15 (November 2005)
How do I tell what version I have? Tux Paint displays its
version number at the bottom left corner of its splash screen.
You can also run "
tuxpaint -v" from a command-line
terminal, check your Tux Paint installation's documentation pages,
or tell from the name of the installation file you downloaded
If you have problems you can contact us. Be sure to tell us what version of Tux Paint you're using, what operating system and OS version you're using (e.g., "Windows95" vs. "Mac OS X 10.4"), and where you got your copy of Tux Paint from (our website, some other website, a magazine CDROM, etc.).