Hundreds of people from all around the world have been involved in creating Tux Paint! Check out some statistics, too.
- Bill Kendrick — Lead Developer (Olympia, Washington, USA)
Bill has developed numerous Open Source games for Linux, which, like Tux Paint, have found themselves running on a variety of other operating systems thanks to others. See: www.newbreedsoftware.com.
Developers, Packagers and Porters
- Ben Armstrong — Debian Linux packages & bugfixes (Canada)
Ben constructs the Tux Paint packages for the free 'Debian' distribution of Linux. He has also provided bugfixes and suggested many improvements for Tux Paint's build system.
- Pere Pujal Carabantes — Various Google Summer of Code integrations, bug fixes, and more.
Pere has provided numerous suggestions and bugfixes, created new Magic tools, and improved on some existing ones. Pere also helps maintain the SDL 2.0 version of Tux Paint and the Android port.
- Albert Cahalan — Additional colors, smudge tool, various fixes
Albert helped improve Tux Paint running on Linux, Macs, and the One Laptop Per Child XO laptop, created an expanded color palette, added the 'Smudge' and 'Bricks' magic tools, added support for picking up system fonts, improved the font selector, and provided numerous other patches.
- Andrew Corcoran — New Magic tools
Andrew participated as a student in Google Summer of Code in 2008, and added new tools to Tux Paint.
- Jeffrey Drake — Mac OS X port of Tux Paint Config (Canada)
Jeffrey built Tux Paint Config for OS X (on very short notice, and very quickly!)
- Martin Fuhrer — Mac OS X port & improvements and Tux Paint Config updates (Canada)
Martin packaged Tux Paint and Tux Paint Stamps, and provided the OS X build files.
- Fabian Franz — Localization Code, Mousewheel Support (Germany)
Fabian provided the code that allowed Tux Paint to change from English- and Spanish-only to being able to support practically every written language in the world! He also wrote the mousewheel code.
- Torsten Giebl — Tux Paint Config, Slackware Linux packages
Torsten constructs the Tux Paint packages for the 'Slackware' distribution of Linux and was the original developer of the Tux Paint Config application.
- Christian Hammond — Nokia 770 port (Palo Alto, California, USA)
Christian updated Tux Paint to support Nokia's Linux-based handheld.
- Max Horn — Mac OS X port (Germany)
Max has made countless Macintosh users happy by helping produce the OS X port of Tux Paint.
- Henry House — PostScript printing assistance (Davis, California, USA) Henry assisted with libpaper support.
- Karl Ove Hufthammer — Localization Support (Bergen, Norway)
Karl has been instrumental in getting Tux Paint to 'do the right thing' when supporting various languages.
- Richard June — RPM package specification improvements. (Indiana, USA)
- Thomas Kalka — PostScript printing assistance
Thomas improved print scaling.
- Mark K. Kim — Input Method implementation & Mac OS X port (New York City, New York, USA)
Mark implemented the input method framework for Tux Paint, as well as the Korean and Japanese input method state machines for the framework. He also helped with the macOS port.
- Thomas Klausner — NetBSD port (Austria)
Thomas builds Tux Paint for the NetBSD operating system.
- Marcin 'Shard' Konicki — BeOS port
Marcin created some BeOS ports of Tux Paint.
- Scott McCreary — Haiku port (California, USA)
Scott helped update Tux Paint to build for Haiku OS.
- Tetsu Ono — Sharp Zaurus port
Tetsu built Tux Paint to run on the Sharp Zaurus Linux-based PDA.
- John Popplewell — Windows port & bugfixes (England)
John creates the Windows installer and ZIP-file versions of Tux Paint, and has provided numerous bugfixes. He also created Tux Paint's printing functionality for Windows.
- Alejandro Pulver — FreeBSD port
Alejandro packaged Tux Paint for the FreeBSD operating system.
- Adam Rakowski — New Magic tools
Adam participated as a student in Google Summer of Code in 2008, and added new tools to Tux Paint.
- Luc 'Begasus' Schrijvers — BeOS port
Luc helped update Tux Paint's BeOS build system and creates the current BeOS ports.
- Shin-ichi Toyama — 800x600 support, RPM packages, Windows port (Japan)
Toyama helped expand Tux Paint to a larger canvas, for users craving more drawing space.
- Darrell Walisser — Mac OS X port
Darrell has made countless Macintosh users happy by helping produce the OS X port of Tux Paint.
- Jan Wynholds — Tux Paint Config (Davis, California, USA)
Jan continued work on the Tux Paint Config application.
- Jianwei Zhang — Android port
Jianwei also helps maintain the SDL 2.0 version of Tux Paint and the Android port.
The following people have helped translate Tux Paint itself, the documentation, the descriptions in the stamp collection, and/or this website.
- Nagy Akos — Hungarian
- Khalid Al Holan — Arabic
- Daniel Andersson — Swedish
- Hodorog Andrei — Romanian
- Joana Portia Antwi-Danso — Twi (Winneba, Ghana)
- Adorilson Bezerra de Araujo — Brazilian Portuguese (Brazil)
- Xandru Armesto — Asturian (Asturias, Spain)
- Ashish Arora — Hindi (Canberra, Australia)
- Ravishankar Ayyakkannu — Tamil
- Michael "Akerbeltz" Bauer — Scottish Gaelic
- Matías Bellone — Spanish
- Dr. Martin Benjamin — Swahili (Connecticut, USA)
- Leor Bleier — Hebrew
- Rahul Borade — Konkani
- Miguel Bouzada — Galician
- Yacine Bouklif — Kabyle (Algeria)
- René Brandenburger — Luxembourgish (Luxembourg)
- Lucie Burianova — Czech
- Laurentiu Buzdugan — Romanian
- Herman Bruyninckx — Dutch (Belgium)
- Pere Pujal Carabantes — Catalan
- Roger Oriol — Catalan
- Vaclav Cermak — Czech
- Ouychai Chaita — Thai (Thailand)
- Zdenìk Chalupský — Czech (Czech Republic)
- Jérôme Chantreau — French documentation
- Wei-Lun Chao — Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
- Jacques Chion — French (France)
- Abdoul Cisse — Songhay
- Urska Colner — Slovenian (Slovenia)
- Helder Correia — Portuguese
- Juan Pablo Martinez Cortes — Aragones (Spain)
- Ricardo Cruz — Portuguese (Portugual)
- Magnus Dahl — Swedish
- Lantz Gomez de Segura — Spanish
- Laurent Dhima — Albanian
- Chandrakant Dhutadmal — Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Kashmiri, Santali, Sindhi (Pune, India)
- Haby Diallo — Wolof (Senegal)
- Yavor Doganov — Bulgarian
- Dawa Dolma — Tibetan
- Kevin Donnelly — Welsh (Wales)
- Dovix — Hebrew
- Korvigelloù An Drouizig (Philippe) — Breton
- Serhij Dubyk — Ukrainian (Ukraine)
- Ander Elortondo — Basque
- Silvio Faria — Brazilian Portuguese (Brazil)
- T. Surya Fajri — Indonesian
- Jamil Farzana — Azerbaijani (Azerbaijan)
- Fasokan — Bambara (France)
- Sveinn í Felli — Icelandic (Iceland)
- Emanuel Feruzi — Swahili (Tanzania)
- Doruk Fisek — Turkish (Turkey)
- Florence — Chiga (Uganda)
- Derrick Frimpong — Akan
- Fabian Franz — German (Germany)
- Alexander Gabilondo — Basque
- Torok Gabor — Hungarian (Hungary)
- GunChleoc — Scottish Gaelic
- Gabriel Gazzan — Spanish (Uruguay)
- Robert Buj Gelonch — Catalan
- Harvey Ginter — Inuktitut
- Solomon Gizaw — Amharic (Limerick, Ireland)
- Robert Glowczynski — Polish (Poland)
- Chris Goerner — Australian English
- Gintaras Goštautus — Lithuanian (Lithuania)
- Mikel González — Asturian (Spain)
- The Greek Linux i18n Team — Greek
- Guatam — Hindi
- Frederico Goncalves Guimaraes — Brazilian Portuguese (Brazil)
- Guy Hed — Hebrew (Israel)
- Farinaz Hedayat — Persian (Iran)
- Prasanta Hembram — Santali (Ol Chiki)
- Willem Heppe — Dutch
- Tedi Heriyanto — Indonesian
- Markus Hinkelmann — German
- Pjetur G. Hjaltason — Icelandic
- Knut Erik Hollund — Norwegian Bokmal
- Henrik Holst — Swedish (Sweden)
- Mohomodou Houssouba — Songhay (Mali)
- Song Huang — Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
- Karl Ove Hufthammer — Norwegian Nynorsk, Norwegian Bokmal (Bergen, Norway)
- Haris Ibrahim K. V. — Northern Sotho
- Roland Illig — German (Germany)
- Daniel Illingworth — Mexican Spanish
- Indigenas Sin Fronteras — Zapoteco (Mexico)
- Juan Irigoien — Basque
- Itai — Hebrew
- Ivana — Serbian
- Dmitriy Ivanov — Russian (California, USA)
- Mogens Jæger — Danish (Denmark)
- Lis Gøthe í Jákupsstovu — Faroese
- Nedjeljko Jedvaj — Croatian
- Aleksandar Jelenak — Serbian
- Rasmus Erik Voel Jense — Danish (Denmark)
- Wang Jian — Simplified Chinese (China)
- Amed Jiyan — Korean
- Alfred John — Acholi
- Klaus Ade Johnstad — Norwegian Bokmal
- Petri Jooste — Afrikaans (South Africa)
- Andrej Kacian — Slovakian (Slovakia)
- Jorma Karvonen — Finnish
- Yannis Kaskamanidis — Greek
- Gabor Kelemen — Hungarian (Hungary)
- Santosh Jankiram Kshetre — Marathi
- Mark K. Kim — Korean (New York, USA)
- Koby — Hebrew
- Ines Kovacevic — Slovenian (Slovenia)
- Yuri Kozlov — Russian (Russia)
- Mantas Kriauciunas — Lithuanian (Lithuania)
- Freek de Kruijf — Dutch (Netherlands)
- Helge Kreutzmann — German
- Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz — Polish (Poland)
- Kumincir — Sundanese
- Piotr Kwiliński — Polish
- Serafeim Kyriaki — Greek (Greece)
- J.F.M. Lange — Gronings (Netherlands)
- Matthew Lange — Canadian English
- Fabio Lazarin — Venetian (Italy)
- Tiago Lebre — Portuguese
- Sohyun Iris Lee — Korean sounds
- Niko Lewman — Finnish (Helsinki, Finland)
- Arkadiusz Lipiec — Polish (Poland)
- Ricky Lontoc — Tagalog
- Dag H. Loras — Norwegian Bokmal
- Burkhard Lück — German (Germany)
- Ankit Malik — Hindi (India)
- Neskie Manuel — Shuswap
- Fred Ulisses Maranhao — Brazilian Portuguese (Brazil)
- Yannig MARCHEGAY (Kokoyaya) — Occitan
- Jorge Mariano — Hebrew
- Sergio Marques — Portuguese
- Martin — Czech (Czech Republic)
- Walker Reinhart Martinez — Spanish (Venezuela)
- Marco Milanesi — Italian (Italy)
- Never Min — Simplified Chinese
- Kartik Mistry — Gujarati
- Mugunth — Tamil (Malaysia)
- Benson Muite — Swahili
- Samuel Murray (Groenkloof) — Afrikaans (South Africa)
- Mohammed Nafees — Hindi
- Sharan Narayan — Northern Sotho
- Akash 'Aki' Nawani — Hindi
- Mikkel Kirkgaard Nielsen — Danish (Denmark)
- Alesis Novik — Lithuanian
- Nudjaree — Thai
- Daniel Nylander — Swedish (Sweden)
- Olli — Finnish
- Sven Ollino — Estonian
- James Olweny — Luganda
- Teresa Orive — Spanish (Grenada, Spain)
- Gareth Owen — British English
- Kaniska Padhi — Odia (Odisha, India)
- Yannis Papatzikos — Greek (Greece)
- Paulo Pavačić — Croatian
- Nikolay Parukhin — Russian
- Dr. Alberto Escudero-Pascual — Swahili (Spain)
- Flavio Pastore — Italian (Italy)
- George Patrick — Acholi
- Rasmus Ljungmann Pedersen — Danish
- Krasimir Petkov — Bulgarian
- Le Quang Phan — Vietnamese (Viet Nam)
- Henrik Pihl — Estonian (Estonia)
- Auk Piseth — Khmer (Cambodia)
- Pablo Pita — Spanish
- Milan Plzik — Slovakian (Slovakia)
- Piet Pompies — Afrikaans
- Sergei Popov — Russian (Russia)
- Menik Prasantha — Sinhala
- Qleeph — Swahili
- Rodrigo Perez Ramirez — Zapoteco (Mexico)
- Sebastian Rasmussen — Swedish
- Robert Readman — British English
- Leandro Regueiro — Galician
- Simona Riva — Italian (Italy)
- Michael de Rooij — Dutch (Netherlands)
- Ilir Rugova — Albanian
- Jaroslav Rynik — Slovak (England)
- Bert Saal — Dutch
- Saikumar — Telugu
- Pablo Saratxaga — Walloon
- Samuel Sarpong — Twi (Winneba, Ghana)
- Ibrahima Sarr — Fulah
- Kevin Scannell — Irish Gaelic (Missouri, USA)
- Pavithran Shakamuri — Telugu
- Gia Shervashidze — Georgian (Georgia)
- Babita Shinde — Sanskrit
- Clytie Siddall — Vietnamese (Australia)
- Kliment Simoncev — Macedonian
- Sipho — Swahili (South Africa)
- Tomas Skäre — Swedish
- Sokratis Sofianopoulos — Greek (Greece)
- Khoem Sokhem — Khmer (Cambodia)
- Geert Stams — Dutch (Netherlands)
- Peter S. — Czech (California, USA)
- Raivis Strogonovs — Latvian
- Todor Stoyanov — Bulgarian
- Luis C. Suárez — Mexican Spanish
- Tomasz 'karave' Tarach — Polish (Poland)
- Peter Tuhársky — Slovak (Slovakia)
- Ignacio Tike — Mexican Spanish (Chile)
- Tilo — Arabic
- Tarmo Toikkanen — Finnish (Finland)
- Shin-ichi Toyama — Japanese (Japan)
- Niall Tracey — Scottish Gaelic
- tropikhajma — Czech (Czech Republic)
- Florence Tushabe — Kiga (Uganda)
- Vlad Ungureanu — Romanian
- Matej Urbančič — Slovenian
- Rita Verbauskaite — Lithuanian (Lithuania)
- Daniel Jose Viana — Brazilian Portuguese (Brazil)
- Charles Vidal — French (France)
- Holger Wansing — German
- Frank Weng — Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
- yurchor — Ukrainian
- Muhammad Najmi Ahmad Zabidi — Malay
- Eugene Zelenko — Russian and Belarusian (California, USA)
- Martin Zhekov — Bulgarian (Bulgaria)
- Huang Zuzhen — Chinese (Simplified)
Stamp Artists and Photographers
- Ahmed Al-Shukaili
- Nicu Buculei
- Pere Pujal i Carabantes
- The Childsplay project (http://childsplay.sourceforge.net/)
- Jacques Chion — (France)
- Jennifer and Edward Collins — (California, USA)
- Mike Fitzpatrick
- Caroline Ford — (England)
- Chris Goerner — (Australia)
- Steve Karg
- Bill Kendrick — (California, USA)
- Peter Malinowsky
- Marketplace Food (http://www.marketplacefood.com/)
- Boris Matovic
- Ed Montgomery — (Canada)
- NASA and NSSDC (http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/)
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (http://www.photolib.noaa.gov/)
- Wingsze Seaman
- John O'Sullivan
- Towani Organic Farm — (Bangor, California, USA)
- Jim Trice
- Wikipedia & Wikimedia Commons contributors (various) (http://www.wikipedia.org/)
- George Wong
- Justin Zeigler
- Bill Kendrick — main design and development (California, USA)
- Karl Ove Hufthammer — conversion from HTML tables to CSS (Bergen, Norway)
Support and Inspiration
- Sam "Criswell" Hart — Tux4Kids project manager (Arizona, USA)
Sam is head of Tux4Kids, which has helped support and produce Tux Paint, and provides our mailing lists.
- Stephen Matthew Helms — inspiration (California, USA)
Stephen suggested that Linux needed a kid-friendly paint program, which in turn was the reason Tux Paint was created!
- SourceForge — Source code repository and file hosting
SourceForge provides free services for Tux Paint, which has helped speed up its development and distribution.
- Denis Bodor
Denis's "AquaPro" script for The Gimp was used to create the great looking UI graphics in Tux Paint.
- Sam "Criswell" Hart, Larry Ewing
Larry created the original 'Tux' penguin for Linux 2.0. Sam's rendition is used in Tux Paint.
- Daniel 'TuxthePenguin' Alston — (London, England)
Daniel plays the voice of Tux the Penguin in Tux Paint.
- Primoz Peterlin — (Slovenia)
Primoz's 'Free Universal Character Set Outline Fonts' are used in Tux Paint.
- Damian Yerrick — (Indiana, USA)
Damian's flood-fill code example (found at Wikipedia) is used in Tux Paint.
- Linus Torvalds, Richard Stallman, Sam Lantinga, et. al.
Without their great free operating system, compilers and tools, Tux Paint would not have been possible.
- Ryan C. Gordon of icculus.org for donating a Mac mini for testing and development.
- Numerous testers, promoters, teachers, parents and children for using, enjoying and sharing Tux Paint!