Tux Paint is completely free software, released as “Open Source” software, under the provisions of the GNU General Public License (GPL). This means you may download it and install it on as many machines as you wish, copy it for friends and family, and give it to your local schools. In fact, we encourage this!
Tux Paint runs on most systems, but check the Requirements if you're unsure whether your system can support it.
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, 2000, & XP
Users of Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 can download and run this simple installer application to get the full version of Tux Paint.
(A stand-alone ZIP-file version, also known as a "Portable" version, is available, as well.)
- Apple Macintosh owners running macOS can download Tux Paint here.
- RPM Linux Packages
- Users of RedHat and Fedora Linux distributions can download Tux Paint for Intel x86 architecture (i386) or source-code in RPM format.
- Slackware Linux Packages
- Slackware users can download Tux Paint packages via SlackBuild.org.
- Android phone and tablet users can download "Tux Paint", or install it from the F-Droid software repository.