Tux Paint 0.9.22
- All Versions (Global bugs)
- Tux Paint doesn't behave properly in fullscreen mode using multiple monitors (unconfirmed in 0.9.22)
- This is an issue at the SDL library level, which will hopefully be addressed in an upcoming SDL 1.3.xx release. Unfortunately, Tux Paint is currently using SDL 1.2, so for the moment just disable Tux Paint's fullscreen option. You'll probably want to adjust window size from the default (800x600), and may also consider enabling Tux Paint's "grab mouse pointer" option.
- Tux Paint loads very slowly
- The first time Tux Paint is launched (for a particular user),
it may take a minute or more to respond. The font system used
by Tux Paint (Pango) is creating a 'cache' of information
about the fonts on your system. Subsequent launches of
Tux Paint should be fast.
While the font cache is generated behind the scenes, Tux Paint should remain interactive (showing an animated 'please wait' animation) while this process runs.
- Stresses cannot be added to Greek letters in the Text tool (unconfirmed in 0.9.22)
- This is a known issue, and appears to be a Windows-only problem with libSDL. See: SF.net Bug #157
- Mac OS X
- Tux Paint graphics corruption in OS X 10.11
- This issue has been reported by a number of users, but seems to be occurring at a lower level (e.g., libSDL) than the Tux Paint app itself. See: SF.net Bug #206
No known issues
Did you know? Your school can install Tux Paint on all of its computers... today, and at no cost!