Tux Paint 0.9.20
- All Versions (Global bugs)
- Clicking in the Paint tool does nothing
- An improvement made to the directional brush feature in version 0.9.20 inadvertendly caused clicking (without dragging) to have no effect. This will be fixed in version 0.9.21, but is also available in the 0.9.20b release for Windows, made on August 19th, 2008.
- Pressing the Windows key while in fullscreen mode causes Tux Paint to minimize
- This will be fixed in version 0.9.21, but is also available in the 0.9.20b release made on August 19th, 2008.
- Tux Paint loads very slowly
- The first time Tux Paint is launched (for a particular user), it may take a minute or more to respond. The font system used by Tux Paint (Pango) is creating a 'cache' of font information. Subsequent launches of Tux Paint should be fast. We are examining solutions to this issue.
- Mac OS X
- Nothing happens when Tux Paint is double-clicked on OS X 10.2.8
- The latest version of Tux Paint is not compatible with Apple Mac OS X 10.2.8. 10.2.8 users can download an older version of Tux Paint — version 0.9.14 (from October 2005) — from our FTP site.
- The Stamps download file appears as an Excel or Filemaker spreadsheet or macro
- This is apparently a problem with some browsers on the Mac (notably, Internet Explorer). Simply renaming the file so that it ends in ".dmg" appears to work around this problem. (Apple's Safari browser does not appear to have this problem.)
No known issues
Did you know? Tux Paint runs right on your computer, and doesn't require Internet access.